5/22/2008

Starting new painting - Cross #6

I've got this painting down to a cake recipe. I know step by step how to make this cross and could almost paint it blindfolded. Why keep painting it? People love it, and the sales keep me well stocked in canvas and paint. I'm going to try some little modifications and experiments with it so that I'm not bored. Going on vacation was great, but I need to get back into a painting groove. This should be a nice way to ease into it. 

PS: I was in the Bartlett/Cordova Commercial Appeal last Saturday credited with writing a short article with photo about the current show at the Stirring Art Gallery. A full color photo of "Passage Cross" with a caption about my show at Java Cabana was also in the Memphis Flyer this past week. Pretty cool stuff. I'm very thankful.     

PSS: I had to check just out of curiosity. I can't believe it. The Memphis Flyer's current issue has a BIG four color photo and caption about the Chris Reed's art show at the Stirring Gallery. That's back to back coverage in the Flyer. Awesome.  

No comments: