5/14/2009

"Release" - by Richard Fudge for Art of Caring 2009

The deadline for Art of Caring 2009 is quickly approaching, and I need to finish up my painting. 


This is the prayer that I painted on the canvas before beginning. 


This year sounds like its going to be the best one yet. The Perry Nicole Fine Art galley and art curator Jana Travis are going to host the event. I think there is some other new things this year as well, but I cant locate any details at this time.

I'm hoping that I'll get to hang with all the cool artists this time. The professional artists and the featured "Memphis Masters" get to hang in the Perry Nicole gallery. Everyone else gets set up on tables and easels in the walkway of the mall (not so cool). The last two years, I've been in the walkway which is fine. I'm not a professional, in a bunch of galleries, $1000+ a painting, sort of artist... yet. 

This year I'm hoping to make the cut. First, I'm going BIG. No more 16"x20" paintings. I am donating a 24"x48" sucker. That's something I'd probably price at $600-700 (Possibly higher. People love this image). But being big is not the only advantage, it's in perfect tune with the Camp Good Grief message and experience. This painting is going to grab your heart strings with both hands if you have ever been involved with the camp. I'm so excited about sharing this with others and raising money for the camp.


Here we are at about 80% complete.
Jay said, "Man! This is so cool! Richard, that your picture does what words are inadequate to do, in explaining camp, its awesome!"

Please join Baptist Memorial Health Care Foundation for
Art of Caring 2009 

A reception and silent art auction to benefit 

Baptist Trinity Hospice House and

The Kemmons Wilson Family Center for Good Grief


Sat. August 22nd from 5:30pm to 7:30pm
Chickasaw Village Oaks Mall 3092 Poplar Ave

No comments: