8/04/2009

Crows on the Cross




So, I thought I'd share this totally random occurrence. Last Sunday, I am walking up to the church for The Stirring. I hear a lot of cawing and I look up at the top of the church. Gathered on the cross were three black crows and a moment later a fourth landed. It had a very
Alfred Hitchcock feel to the scene. Like something out of The Birds. Very creepy and ominous. What were they doing there? What sort of meaning should one take for seeing something like that? Coincidence or not, those two things have tons of symbolic meaning that the artist in me was fascinated by. I can't help but wonder, "Um, God, what was that all about?"

From wikipedia "Crows, and especially ravens, often feature stories as a sign or warning of doom or death, because of their dark plumage, unnerving calls, and tendency to eat carrion. They are commonly thought to circle above scenes of death."

Luke 12:24 - Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!

No comments: