I have to say that this looks pretty cool. Too bad it's part-time and in Austin, TX. Maybe you or someone you know would be interested.
Job Description and Tasks:
The Arts Pastor will develop the arts ministry of Hope Chapel by facilitating the work of the volunteer leaders of the HopeArts Pastoral Team. The Arts Pastor will be focused on arts ministry and not other ministry needs within Hope Chapel.
The Arts Pastor is a member of Hope Chapel’s regular staff serving as liaison between the Hope Arts Pastoral Team and the Senior Pastor. The Arts Pastor reports to the Senior Pastor and is subject to the same management rules and guidelines as other staff.
Because Hope Chapel and HopeArts are in a time of transition, we feel that the Arts Pastor should be formally evaluated at the end of 3 months and 6 months to determine how well the Arts Pastor is working to further the mission of HopeArts.
The Arts Pastor is expected to spend a minimum of 8 hours per week in the position.
Hope Chapel is currently offering a stipend of $600 per month for this task. Our hope is to eventually grow this into a full-time position.
This role includes the following tasks:
• Know and pray for the artists and the HopeArts Pastoral Team
• Encourage artists at all levels in their work and faith
• Shepherd the Arts Team
• Encourage and develop artist groups
• Participate in community gatherings
• Work to connect artists to the life of the Hope congregation, and vice versa
• Attend staff meetings periodically
• Manage the arts budget, in consensus with the Arts Team
• Coordinate and support the work of the Arts Team
• Oversee the work of arts interns
• Function as the contact person and face of the ministry to new artists and people outside of Hope Chapel
• Connect the arts ministry to the work of the church staff
We are open to hiring someone whose desire is to become a full-time Arts Pastor, but that is not a prerequisite for the job at this time. We do expect candidates who, if they do not already have all the skills below, can grow into them.
• A sense of calling by God into this ministry at this time, both by the candidate and by the leaders of HopeArts and Hope Chapel
• A recognized servant’s heart and dedication to this ministry through a history of service with artists, preferably in a Christian setting.
• Cultural and artistic literacy and a personal understanding of the challenges of making art
• An undergraduate degree, preferably in the arts
• Some college-level work in theology and/or biblical studies or equivalent
• Strong communication skills (reading, writing, public speaking)
• Skills appropriate to the shepherding and administrative tasks above
• Emotionally healthy, well-integrated into family and/or community
• Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
contact Geno Hildebrandt at firstname.lastname@example.org