1/12/2010

Ignite - relighting the creative flame


Ignite - just a rough and quick color study
Required listening - Pilot by Amber Rubarth
"Fuel is just a leak without a flame to heat it up inside.
I need a spark to ignite my pilot light."

I'll be honest. I'm going through a rough period in my life. If you're not feeling joy and passion in your life, it's hard to find the passion to do art. It seems like a mountain of "more important" things pile up. And I don't care for painting when it's soo cold out. But I need to get out of this funk. Time to pick up the brush and get to it.

So i took some Christmas money and bought Give Up the Ghost by Brandi Carlile. And let me say I dont know what works for you but for me, this is a funk buster!


I want to share with you some of the lyrics from the album:

I know the darkness pulls on you
but it's just a point of view
When you're outside looking in
you belong to someone.
When you feel like giving in
or the coming of the end
like your heart could break in two
someone loves you
- Looking Out

Now I'm lost in a sea of sunken dreams
while the sound of drunken screams echoes in the night
But i know this will all come to pass
- Dying Day

All your mountains turn to rocks
All your oceans turn to drops
They are nothing like you thought
You can't be something you are not
Life is not a looking glass
Don't get tangled in your past like I am learning not to
- Pride and Joy

Say it ain't so, say I'm happy again.
Say it's over, say I'm dreaming.
Say I'm better than you left me.
Say you're sorry, I can take it.
- Before It Breaks

Last night I had this cranked up "to 11." Wrapped up in the music, i kicked everything else out of my mind and did some work that really was important to me. Thanks, Brandi.

No comments: