7/13/2010

Daily Doodle #27

Not that easy – I thought I'd try something different today.  So this doodle is mixed media and collage.  I came across this pattern for an apron. It had 3 styles to choose from and for some reason it really cracked me up. Each style had a very different drawing of a model. One model was very contemporary, one was classic, and the third was very conservative. Why not just one model to show the different lengths? The aprons didn't look all that different. It made me think that this wasn't a pattern for an apron but for a type woman. Like that these pattern pieces came together to make a certain style woman.  I think we can get that way about dating. We can have these certain pieces of criteria that we look for and we hope that it all comes together to create the person we want. But there's a lot more to it than that. You can't boil it down to a simple list. It's not that easy.

And when things don't work out... again it's not that easy. You can't just cut out those memories and start over. The alterations are going to take time.

Recommended listening:
"But I’m gonna be happy
without you around
I’ll figure it out
And I’m gonna be happy
just give me some time
I'm gonna be fine"
Happy by Ellery

1 comment:

robyn blaikie collins said...

love the idea of it being a different kind of woman... you see things clearly