7/19/2010

Daily Doodle #30

Kiss the Girl – I started this page on Friday but didn't finish it till Saturday. So I'm just now getting around to posting it. I'm still playing around with collage and you'll probably be seen a lot more of that.  So one of my favorite songs by the Avett Brothers is All My Mistakes -- "But I can't go back. And I don't want to. 'Cause all my mistakes, they brought me to you."  Mistakes can be okay. In making art, you have to get over the fear of making a mistake. You can't get better or grow as an artist if you're frozen in place by the fear of making a mistake.  Sometimes you just have to take a risk. Sometimes you just have to go for it. Sometimes you just have to shut up and kiss the girl.

Recommended listening: "All My Mistakes" by The Avett Brothers; "Let It Be Me" by Ray LaMontagne

1 comment:

robyn blaikie collins said...

love it richard. thanksn for your vulnerability