2/05/2009

April Knight - live worship artist Q&A

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions, April. I thought I'd post them here for everyone to check out. It's great to find other artists using their gifts to worship.

Explain for us your experience of worshiping God through art. How it feels and why do you enjoy it?
* My experience of worshiping God through art is one of my favorite things to do. In some ways I feel like it is what God put me here to do. It feels amazing when I am painting during a worshipart. Simultaneously I am able to have a visual and audible connection with my creator. One of my favorite aspects of it is what comes out by the end of my painting. Because I never know how it will turn out but I pray that God will paint through me and he does. Often times as I paint I am overwhelmed by his Spirit and the gift that he chose to give to me. When I paint is when I feel closely in communion with the Creator. I think because it is combining to wonderful things: music and
service.

Do you use your art as a way to talk to other people about your relationship with Jesus?
*I would say yes...many times it may be indirectly, some one may say "i love it" and I never really know what to say other than thank you. But what I want them to know that it is a gift of the Father and that he has gifted each of us with specific and significant abilities that we can use to honor Him. I believe when we do this and we choose to use our abilities for His glory, that He will bless that. And if we pray, that he will give us a fresh anointing of His Holy Spirit to make us effective in His kingdom.

Sometimes my work may just give an opportunity for me to talk to someone about myself and why I do what I do. This would end up in a conversation about God and so sometimes I get to share about my relationship with God without even trying. I think a lot of times my work visually speaks to people of the truth of Father, and that he is real and living. This is only by the work of the Holy Spirit and God's hand in my work. I always pray that my work will affect those who see it, that it may cause them to change their lives and follow after Him.

If you to ever be in a room filled with Christians and spiritually searching people, what is one thing you would say to them about art?
* Art that we create at its very best is only a copy of that of the greatest artist and He is Christ. The Earth itself is the most beautiful work of art. The sky especially; I'm not sure how anyone can the intricate detail of the sky in a sunset or the clouds and be unsure of his creator's existence.

I would also say that art is for everyone. In some way each of us can enjoy either making or buying or just looking at art. If you think you would like to try art definitely do so. I didn't know I was good at drawing until I was in the 10th grade. Even if you can't draw you can paint with the use of different colors anyone can create beautiful non objective art.

Thanks for asking me to answer these questions. I do paint weekly at my church and I get to travel as the opportunities come. I just graduated college and so I am working on making this my career and ministry. If you are ever interested in having me come and paint I would love the chance to do so.

GOD BLESS!!!

April Knight
worship-artist.com
april@worship-artist.com

No comments: