2/23/2009

Art and worship blend at The Stirring makes the news


I have to say that my new favorite reporter is Lindsay Melvin at the Commercial Appeal. She just did a wonderful article about The Stirring and how we use live art during the worship service. Mike Brown is also my new favorite photographer. His image of Cara painting during the service is outstanding. I'm incredibly excited. I couldn't sleep last night and when I'd wake up I would go check the CA web site to see if the article had posted. I checked at 12:30am, 3:30am, and 5:30am.

I'm excited to see Andy Savage's statement that Highpoint Church is looking to incorporate more art in the future. I hope other local churches read the article and it encourages them to move forward with connecting with the arts community and using the gifts of their artists.

No comments: