4/21/2010

The End of a Chapter








Divorced. It's not what i want or planned. It ain't easy, but I'm letting go and moving on. The wounds are healing and the stains are fading. A chapter closes, a new chapter begins. 


When I was out camping recently, I was reminded that you can't climb over a mountain in one jump. It's done one step at a time. It's takes time. And sometimes the best thing is to stop staring way up the trail and worrying about those rocks ahead, but to put your head down and focus on where you're stepping now.



I think one of the things i was surprised to experience during all this was learning of other's struggles. I guess when your mask of perfection is broken and you're sharing your deepest pains, other people - friends you thought you new so well - feel free to reveal their own deep struggles. 

"Be kind, for everyone you know is fighting a great battle.” – Philo of Alexandria