4/05/2010

Vroom! I'm ready to hit the road.

So I've got a new(er) car and not a moment too soon. My 1993 Honda Civic hatchback with over 175,000 miles died. Not completely, but there was something seriously wrong and it barely made the short drive to Bruce Wholesale Motor Co from my house. I got next to nothing for it but I'm just glad to have it off my hands. It was bleeding me dry.

My newer car is a 2003 Volvo wagon V70 with 101,000 miles. Say hello to the Fudge-mobile art hauler - extended canvas edition. Holy cow. It's like going from a size small to XL. Not to mention clunker to classy.


I'm taking her camping this weekend to Blanchard Springs in the Ozark National Forest. And no, I haven't given her a name yet. It's too early in the relationship. Though I feel it should start with a "V". 


Before it gets too hot and buggy, I'll need to take her to the Summer Drive in for a double feature. When you have a hatchback, it's like tailgating when you go. It's going to be so much fun. 

And of course, HUGE canvas hauling is planned. I'm not exactly sure what i can fit but possibly a 4ft x 6ft one. I'm smiling just thinking about it. But before I do that I need to finish some preliminary sketches for a children's book that 2 friends are helping write and produce with me. (No. Seriously, I cant believe it either. More info to come.)

No comments: